Frequently Asked Questions
1. How far in advance should I order?
- It’s never too early! For weddings you should be planning 12-18 months in advance. For occasions, most of our customers order around 4-6 weeks in advance. Most of the summer months are already booked so it’s advisable to plan ahead. You can also put down a deposit to save your space and decide on the design at a later date.
2. Can I just walk in and take away a cake the same day?
- No everything must be preordered. Please refer to the ordering times stated above
3. Do I need to pay a deposit?
- Yes absolutely. No order goes into our diary without one. For weddings and larger orders this is £100 and for occasions this is £30. Deposits are non refundable.
4. How much are your cakes?
- There are so many variables, such as date, size, finish, complexity of design etc. For weddings we can provide a price range based on the size of cake required. We also have starting from prices listed on the website.
5. Can you cater for any special dietary requirements?
- Yes we can provide gluten free and dairy free cakes. We don’t however provide egg free or nut free cakes.
6. Do you deliver?
- We only deliver wedding cakes and cover most of Central Scotland. We don’t offer delivery of our celebration cakes.
7. When can I collect my cake?
- Occasions orders can be collected anytime between 10-4pm on the date they are ordered for.
8. How can I pay?
- We accept bank transfers and card payments. We no longer accept cash.
9. Do I need to store my cake in the fridge?
- No, not at all, in fact we advise against this. Storing cakes in the fridge will dry them out and makes fondant sweat. Storing cakes in the fridge can also make colours run and wilt sugar flowers. The only exception to this would be buttercream cakes in a heatwave!
10. How many should I cater for?
- For weddings or larger events, we recommend catering to around 80% of your total guest numbers if your cake is being served with the evening buffet.